WORKING TO KEEP OUR BUSINESS SUSTAINABLE
Not only is wood flooring beautiful, it can be an environmentally responsible choice, too. Below you’ll find some interesting facts you can share with your clients, and the steps Timberline Hardwood Floors takes to limit our environmental impact every day.
Hardwood is the the most renewable floor available.
Today’s sustainable forest management makes it possible to harvest wood without any serious impact on the environment, because trees are a renewable resource that can be regrown time and time again.
• Nearly twice as much hardwood grows each year in US forests as is harvested
• Wood is a carbon neutral product that produces oxygen during its growth cycle and stores carbon during its service life
• Wood floors use less water and energy to produce than other flooring options
• Indoor air quality is better with wood floors
• Wood floors last hundreds of years, so won’t need to be replaced as often as other flooring options
• At the end of its service life, wood flooring can be burned as fuel or recycled
How Timberline Hardwood Flooring is doing its part.
• Our lumber comes mostly from “zero-waste rated facilities,” consuming every part of log and by-products
• Our energy-efficient manufacturing methods are limited to a saw blade and kiln drying
• Our sawdust is reused at local horse farms